Thursday, March 13, 2008

Connecting the World

Is it possible to connect the world? Genealogists think so. With new free software for merging family trees, Famillion provides a way for all the computing world to get it on the action. Everyone with access to a computer will have to answer the question: is our past our own property, or should we leap into the “global family forest?” For me and for most, I believe the costs are far outweighed by the benefits of belonging to a larger social network today and a larger family tree. And you?

Famillion in the news

4 comments:

Ruth said...

"Everyone" with access to a computer? I doubt it. Oh, and how about giving us a list of the costs and benefits before we decide whether or not to agree with or mock you?
:)

P.s. I think a better title for this post would be "Will you be part of my family tree?"

Daniel said...

Nearly all online genealogy companies provide some searching functionality for free. And access to a computer is increasingly the norm. I hope you would not use my own blog to mock me - it's not at all far-fetched that you and I could be part of the same family tree. ;)

Ruth said...

Great! Now could you get these online genealogy companies to provide me with some extra TIME?

And if we do happen to be part of the same family tree, I'll have you know the computer has nothing to do with it... ;)

P.s. Of course I would use your own blog to mock you! What else is it good for?

Ruth said...

jk on the last sentence! I love you! :)